Tips & Tools
Natural and human-caused disasters can strike suddenly, at anytime, or anywhere.
If a major disaster hits Southern California, residents should keep in mind that it may take 5-7 days for outside assistance to arrive. Your preparedness efforts before a disaster can directly affect how well your family copes and survives during a disaster.
There are three actions everyone can take immediately:
Read and review the information on this website to help you answer “Yes” to these critical preparedness questions:
- I know what emergencies or disasters are most likely to occur in my community.
- I have a family disaster plan and have practiced it.
- I have an emergency preparedness kit.
- At least one member of my household is trained in first aid and CPR/AED.
- I have taken action to help my community prepare.